Who's Acting Strange??

"He/she can't act!!". How often have youn heard this? Plenty a time, I guess. I mostly get amused when I hear this. This sets me thinking because this comes from ordinary, plain vanilla people like you and me (Well, I am not that plain ;-) ) who one would suppose donn know a whit about acting. What IS Acting? In my opinion, if somebody doesn't seem unnatural on screen, he is doing ok. Thats how the so called non actors like Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan, Sunil Shetty.. etc have survived more than a decade in the industry. Of course, they might not make u cry when they themselves shed loads of glycerine on screen. But generally, they won't make you inflict injuries upon yourself.

To be concluded ...;-)

Comments

Anand said…
In fact, the non-actors, and non-acresses have a firmer mass base. And although I'd love to add to that list, I desist...

I think it's something to do with the way you can behave/emote like a character-believability, that sort of thing...

And J Roberts won an Oscar--for acting, too--so there's hope yet
daemon said…
I think its more of playing to their strengths or making good business moves. Guess, that puts SRK in the lists of non actors as well. An Akshay kumar won't be able to play a mentally retarded person (unlike Mr. Penn) with much conviction. But he can play a slam-bang hero with ease. Or, lesser challenging nice guy roles that he is playing these days. So, its more of comfortable packaging these days.
Amrita said…
The parameters of what qualities an actor should possess have changed from the past and will continue to change.When Akshay Kumar entered Bollywood,one can he was a non-actor, with good looks and action skills. Today if you see his performance, he is a decent performer.However, there are some non-actors who have not improved at all.No matter what personal opinion you and I may hold, if the person can survive in this industry for 10 years or so, with 100 films under his belt, he has made it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Foot-in-Mouth

My Cup of Eleven