God's Own Practice

Has anybody ever noticed that the third child in the family has the most refined features of all the siblings? I should say, sharpest to be more accurate. My observation is - the more the number of children a couple has, better the features of the next born child get. In my generation of kids, three was a generally accepted number. Four kid families were rare. One kid was considered good family planning. But two to three, generally, was the case. And I have heard a couple of interesting remarks whenever there was gathering at our house or when some friends of my parents came over. One being that the third child was an "accident" with a "if you know what I mean" kind of (sheepish) laughter. (Apparently, nobody was paying attention that a seemingly harmless kid lurking around had started to get a know how into their world ;-)

Coming back to the third child theory, in my section in school, there were at least 7 to 8 (may be more) three sibling students. And in most of the cases, the third kid had the sharpest features of them all. And this phenomenon I keep encountering time and again. So, guess we are losing out on better looking kids by sticking to at most 2 child policy ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am also third child of my parents but i dont agree with ur point, although even I got to know I came by accident ;-)
Anonymous said…
I am also third child of my parents but no luck with features and I also got to know, I came by accident but for good :)

Seems you will give a try on your thory ;)

Good Luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

Foot-in-Mouth

My Cup of Eleven

Sarkaar